KENT LAW GROUP (formerly Brennan Tipple Partners)

your legal partner


view:  full / summary


Posted on 4 June, 2017 at 19:50 Comments comments (11)

If you want to relocate with your child, you can make an application to the Federal Circuit Court of Australia or Family Court of Australia asking that the Court make orders allowing you to relocate with your child.

The application can be made before you relocate, or after the other parent has relocated with your child if you did not consent or were not aware of t...

Read Full Post »

Habitual Traffic Offenders

Posted on 1 June, 2017 at 22:00 Comments comments (4)

What is an Habitual Traffic Offender?

The Court may declare you as an Habitual Traffic Offender if you have been convicted in a NSW Court of three "relevant offences" in the past five years. The offences need to have been committed on different occasions. 

If you have been declared a Habitual Traffic Offender, the RMS will disqualify you from driving ...

Read Full Post »

Community Service Orders

Posted on 29 May, 2017 at 21:25 Comments comments (1)

A Community Service Order "CSO" can be made by the Court under the Crimes (Sentencing Procedure) Act as an alternative to full time imprisonment. A CSO requires the offender to complete a certain number of hours of community service work and can only be imposed for an offence which can be punishable by imprisonment.

Limits on hours of a CSO

There are limits on the number of...

Read Full Post »

Property Settlements when Separating

Posted on 24 May, 2017 at 18:50 Comments comments (4)

If you are going through a separation or divorce, it is important to have an understanding of how the assets and liabilities of the relationship are divided between the parties. At Brennan Tipple Partners, we like to use a four step process:

Four Step Process

1. Identifying the property, assets, financial resources and liabilities that make up the asset pool.

Read Full Post »

Expert Evidence

Posted on 22 May, 2017 at 20:25 Comments comments (4)

Often evidence is given by experts in family law proceedings. These experts can include, psychologists who can give evidence in relation to circumstances of adults and children in parenting matters, and registered valuers, who can be called upon to give an expert opinion as to the value of property or other items.

These experts usually give evidence by preparing a report providing their opini...

Read Full Post »